Yamaha wants you to have an outstanding ownership experience. Maintenance plays a big part in that. We’ve learned a lot about caring for outboards during our many years as an outboard manufacturer; so here’s some knowledge and simple tips on the subject.
From their painstaking design to their meticulous construction, Yamaha outboards are manufactured to provide you with years of enjoyment. However, they live in one of the harshest environments imaginable. High load, high-RPM operation, extreme temperatures and humidity, saltwater, sun, even long periods of non-use can all exact a heavy toll. And it’s not just Yamaha outboards. All outboards face these same challenges. Regular maintenance is important in helping your outboard meet the demands of these challenging environments, and only you can make sure it happens.
Spending a relatively small amount of time making sure your outboard’s in proper condition is simple to do, and:
- You’ll have more hours of trouble-free enjoyment on the water.
- You’ll preserve your investment with a higher resale value.
- Your boat will be ready when you are.
- It’s easier and costs less to maintain than repair.
- Yamaha dealers stand ready to help.
What are the basics? Keep your outboard ready to run with basic maintenance like:
- Changing engine and lower unit oils every 100 hours
- Flushing regularly
- Replacing fuel filters periodically
- Helping to prevent corrosion
This simple guide will walk you through all of these items and more using:
- Information—in an easy-to-read-and-understand format
- Maintenance charts—with service intervals
- Links and QR Codes®—to expanded information and short “why/how-to” videos
- Checklists—to help make sure you’ve covered it all, until it becomes second-nature
- Referrals—to the Yamaha smartphone app and/or YamahaOutboards.com for helpful information and maintenance-related technology
Outboard maintenance doesn’t need to be difficult or expensive. Whether you do it all yourself or have one of approximately 2,000 authorized Yamaha Marine dealers do parts of it for you, we’re committed to helping you maintain your outboard in a way that’s easy to do and easy to understand. Let’s get started.
Tip: Yamaha is the only outboard manufacturer to receive the coveted CSI® award for customer satisfaction from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA®) every year since its inception (2002).